“Attitudes are caught, not taught.”
When it comes to instilling the habit of positive thinking and positive attitude in your children parents are both foundation layers and role models. Below are the few things we can do to help foster such a vital habit in our kids.
1. Model positive attitude.
2. Show and express affection to them. Hugs, kisses, high fives.
3. Create a fun environment and ambience in the home. Play. Joke. Watch fun programs together with your kids. Avoid keeping tension in your home environment no matter what life throws at the family. Be happy always!
4. Encourage your kids in hobbies, activities and games they love to do and are good at. It helps to build their self confidence and ignites a positive attitude towards themselves.
5. Inner dialogue. The self talk your kids engage in is the core determinant of their attitude and self-value. It is their early deposits in childhood that eventually defines the kind of inner monologue they have with themselves and this eventually shapes their attitude and habits to either being positive or negative. Parents are the greatest influence on their kids inner thoughts and monologue.
6. Reminder. Constantly remind your children of the importance of having a positive attitude. Life happens but we each chooses our response either negative or positive.
7. Choose positive! Your attitude to life is a choice! Keep it positive all the time.
# Parenting is a Divine Mandate.
# Parenting is the best legacy.